[Bf-committers] Setting a default system scripts directory

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Mon Sep 21 21:41:45 CEST 2009

Hi,
r.hoelzemer at googlemail.com (2009-09-21 at 2019.31 +0200):
> > That is why I wrote the spec & tried to call attention to it a couple
> > of times, months ago. But now, with tight releases ahead, it feels it
> > will be rushed and will have to be fixed down the road instead of
> > having a system that could work years like SDNA did with .blends.
> If you mean the spec at
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/Blender2.5/ResourceFilePaths
> then that's a real shame. I found the spec logical and predictable.

No, that is a version-less one, just moving the files to new locations
and names. The one I wrote is:
http://www.infernal-iceberg.com/blender/config-layout-and-file-handling-250.mbox.txt

It was posted to some developer in private at start of 2009, then
pointed to it in this list, in April when talking about disallowing
load of 2.50 data by 2.49 binary (nobody surprised by .Bfs yet?) and
in May, about migrating to new names. Bretch posted it in this same
thread some days ago.

GSR