[Bf-committers] blender2.5's new IK

Benoit Bolsee benoit.bolsee at online.be
Mon Sep 21 09:36:05 CEST 2009

On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 18:25:59 -0700, Nathan Vegdahl <cessen at cessen.com>
wrote:

> Hi Benoit,
>    This is looking really good to me.  The options are a bit
> overwhelming and confusing at the moment, especially for
> someone like me who doesn't know the inner workings of the
> algorithm.  But I think that is something that can be taken
> care of down the road (i.e. figuring out what is useful to
> expose to the user, and what is really just clutter from
> their viewpoint, and where to put the options that are exposed, etc.).
>
>    By the way, it wasn't clear to me, but I assume that
> unchecking the "simulation" option is what you meant when you
> said you added an "animation mode"?
>
>    Anyway, the solver works really well from the testing that
> I've done.

Hey, that's really good, thanks for the feedback.
Yes, the animation mode is when you unselect the simulation mode :-)
I have in mind to put a clear radio button but didn't investigate yet
how to do it in the UI ;-)

If you have ideas how to reorganize the buttons and panel, let me know,
UI design is not my speciality.

/benoit