[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [23233] trunk/blender/source/blender: 2. 5 Bugfixes

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 15 18:35:39 CEST 2009

--- On Mon, 9/14/09, Martin Poirier <theeth at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- On Mon, 9/14/09, Brecht Van Lommel <brecht at blender.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Attempted fix for #19331, #19335 as well, where
> backspace
> > and some other
> > keys give square characters instead of working as
> expected.
> > Couldn't
> > reproducable here, so please test.
>
> It didn't fix it.
>
> I'll try to have a go at it later tonight.

Alright, I think I've tracked it down a bit. The "bug" seems to be in the event system, so I'd rather not mess around too much in there and leave it to the pros.

In wm_event_system.c, in the function wm_event_add_ghostevent, when handling repeat keys, the event type is KM_PRESS and, for some reason, the keymodifier value ends up being the same as the type value (223 in this case). This totally screws up the keymap which dispatches the event to the text insert operator instead of the normal backspace operator.

The problem seems to be caused by the code on lines 1594 to 1597, if I understand correctly.

The visible squares are caused by '\b' being inserted in the text string and then displayed as the unicode char missing symbol.

Martin