[Bf-committers] Feedback on macro design

Joshua Leung aligorith at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 08:46:27 CEST 2009

I'd just like to make a mention here that these issues are probably some of
the most critical issues with macros now.

The first one (modal operators only coming last) is quite restrictive, since
IMO that's the step you'd want to occur first most of the time with a
select/create then operate workflow. As a workaround, I've once tried
creating an operator using the python api which would call these operators
one by one. However, it soon became apparent that this approach was worse
than just using macros (unless the py-api was only defining a macro too),
since the operators were not executed in the order I had defined. (NOTE: for
those interested, see the Grease-Pencil related script linked to in an
earlier mail about py-api calling operators)