[Bf-committers] Request for a branch of the 2.5 branch

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Thu Sep 10 17:43:59 CEST 2009

Maxime Curioni wrote:
> Thank you for all of your suggestions . Nathan's solution resolved the
> problem. The --ignore-eol-style didn't work at first with my original
> version of Subversion. I had to upgrade it to the latest version and
> finally, the merge came through.
>
>  So there isn't a need to create a branch from 2.5 anymore and we can
> continue our  branch work. Thanks again.

This approach might be like putting a bandaid on a cancerous tumor.
You should spend some time to check that the files in your branch
have consistent line endings, since this is the standard for trunk
and blender2.5. Just ignoring the EOL style might cause problems
down the road.

I would recommend letting either GSR or Joe run their scripts on
your branch to automatically catch any problems that might exist.

Chris