[Bf-committers] Request for a branch of the 2.5 branch

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Thu Sep 10 00:00:42 CEST 2009

Hi,
maxime.curioni at gmail.com (2009-09-08 at 2348.25 -0700):
> Tamito and I would love to integrate our branch into the blender 2.5 branch
> codebase, but are facing problems with the merge operation. As was asked by
> Brecht earlier, we are trying to merge the blender 2.5 branch into our
> branch first, before merging it back into the blender 2.5 branch. We use the
> following command, at the working copy root:
>
> svn merge
> https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/branches/soc-2008-mxcurioni@23022
> https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/branches/blender2.5/blender@23022

You could had tried merging two checkouts (one of each URL) into a
third dir, probably faster, SVN is rather slow for operations that
involve the network, local ones tend to be a lot faster.

> We are facing weird issues with line endings, with the following error;
>
> svn: File 'release/scripts/
> scripttemplate_metaball_create.py' has inconsistent newlines
>
> This totally stops the merging process. We have tried forcing the merge, to
> no avail. The problem is that the svn merge call takes a long time and is

If an screw is stuck, you do not hit it harder with the hammer. ;]

> repeated from scratch every time. Because we don't know how many files have
> such a problem (so far, 5 have been found), the merging process could take a
> long time.

If you want, I can commit all files with Unix EOLs so you can try
merging again (total 147 changed, in all dirs except extern/). It took
a lot more checking out than fixing.

GSR