[Bf-committers] Meta object ideas

Victor altctrlsysrqb at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 22:27:48 CEST 2009

Hello.

It is close to what I did, but it isn't the same object.
You are using ellipsoid stretched along of axis (which might be less
computationally expensive).
I'm using two connected spheres where you can change size of each sphere, so
the end of limb will be perfectly round.
It doesn't look like one of the ends in your ellipsoid can be made larger.
Same applies to the mesh - size of each sphere can be changed.
The whole thing is more like "z-spheres" in zbrush.

I must admit that in your code connections between limbs look
better/more "organic" -
I've been trying to make connection in my "mesh" smoother but without
much success -
- there were either hard seams or "bulky" parts in places where limbs connect.