[Bf-committers] poll: uv/col mirror might not work for bmesh ngons

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 20:12:05 CEST 2009

At the time I didn't care which axis, if it was wrong Id just rotate
the UV's until it was how I wanted.
This is pretty crap, but before this it was terrible because Id have
to manually flip the UVs in the UV window...
- change the mode not to select connected UVs
- select the corner of my quad (often a number of clicks each time,
translate to test I had the right one)
- move the uvs about...
- connect them back with a limited stitch or not. then wonder later
why the uvs werent connected.

Sometimes I also detached the face, mirrored manually then flipped
that. also yuck :)

Why not replace mirror UV with a reverse UV command? - reverse the
direction of the UVs in the face, this way it makes sense for ngons
too. some uv rotation would be needed after in most cases too.
Unless we have some way to define the point to flip along, or use the
active edge/vert, but this isnt so important at the moment IMHO.

- Campbell