[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [24188] trunk/blender/source/blender/ editors/datafiles/B.blend.c: B.blend update

William Reynish billrey at me.com
Sat Oct 31 10:39:05 CET 2009

Hi Matt,

My idea for the different screens is to provide quick access to all of
Blenders main features: modeling, texturing, rendering, compositing,
video editing and game creation. Most of these tasks usually involve
more than one editor at a time though, and so I thought it a good idea
to include them as screens. That said, I agree that the 'Properties'
screen isn't really important in that context - I included it because
I remember Andy making a screen like that during Peach for his second
monitor. But those more 'special' setups can be omitted from the
shipped screens. The 'Quad View' screen also doesn't fit in that
paradigm, but was included to make this easier to find. People coming
from other apps might appreciate a quick way of getting to this, but
to be honest it's not that much faster than enabling it within the
Default screen, so it could be removed.

Regarding the other screens I don't mind receiving feedback. The 3D
view in the compositing screen is useful for seeing which layers are
visible, and what scene is active. Of course this only applies when
compositing the output of the renderer, so it may be more useful to
have two image editors, one for viewing the composite output and one
for viewing the current viewer node.

Cheers,

-William