[Bf-committers] Blender Network Rendering in Erlang

Nicholas Amorim nicholas at montrealdevelopment.com
Mon Oct 5 06:18:05 CEST 2009

I'm sorry to introduce myself with a thread that could quickly get flawed or
something like that.

I was seeing the IRC notes at blendernation and I saw the blender network
rendering and the known issues (ah, testers needed ? I'm one, you can be
sure of it, got 20 machines).

And I was thinking on the advantages to write the network rendering in
erlang (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erlang_%28programming_language%29) ?

I mean, handling processes (or nodes, as they call it) in external machines
by tcp it's pretty simple in erlang.

Don't know how the blender project would view it, as if it's possible, if
that would be interesting and so on. But I had to ask.

I'm no full-blown expert in erlang - not yet, at least. But I would be quite
happy to see a project like this going on - and more happier if I could do
something for it (maybe even start it).

So, my intro anyway, my name is Nicholas Amorim, I'm from Brazil, I'm a
software developer (Python mostly) in love with CG and Blender.

:)