[Bf-committers] NURBS

Laurynas Duburas laduem at gmail.com
Wed May 20 18:52:26 CEST 2009

Hello,

I am Laurynas Duburas, and I have been working with Emmanuel on the
NURBS branch.
I thought some of you might be interested in the work that we have been
doing recently.

Emmanuel has been making some changes to the interface between
libNurbana and Blender. This will help add OpenNURBS/Rhino file support.

I have finished working on:
- knot insertion(refining control point grid without changing surface
shape)
- support for cyclic surfaces and weights to Degree Elevate
- moving NURBS primitive creation from Blender into libNurbana
- split tool for surface slicing at selected knot value

and now I am working on Trim Curves for NURBS surfaces in Blender.

This required a rewrite of the existing tessellation code in libNurbana.
There are still some bugs and the renderer doesn't understand it yet but
here are some videos that show my progress:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c42dQY5GIj4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF9kTn-Q7nI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZzicDANY0A

Laurynas