[Bf-committers] Meeting minutes May 10 2009

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun May 10 18:09:28 CEST 2009

Hi all,

Here's notes of today's discussion:

*** 2.49

- RC2 is now online, and published on blender.org
- GE team still works on fixes and tweaks, would prefer an RC3 even.
Will be announced thursday latest.
- GE API is still with some open ends, this week last chance to add it!
- Patch for sound on OSX intel will be checked and committed if OK
- Call for demo files still, just email to this list!
- Bug tracker! I'll check on all bugs this week too.
- 3dconnexion devices now work on win64

*** GSoC

- All SoC students will present a good doc of what they'll work on.
- Everyone: check docs in progress here:
   http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/GSoC/2009
- Artists should especially check on the light paint proposal for
feedback:

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Yukishiro/
User_Specs_for_Light_Paint
- Official start is in 2 weeks.

*** Current projects

- 2.5: not much news now, other priorities and holidays. Layout
scripters really need the templates now for datalinking, preview
renders, etc. Is on top of list.

- New compo node by Vilda:
   http://plant.ffa.vutbr.cz/~novak/dwnflz/relief/nodegood1.png
   Based on:
   http://www.cs.princeton.edu/gfx/pubs/Weyrich_2007_DBF/index.php
   Ton noted; would be much nicer for these extensions if we had
plugin-node...

*** Durian

- William Reynish friendly pointed at fact 2.5 itself also deserves
attention still :)

Further, several enthusiast reactions to help with this;

- Vilda already has cool explosions:
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CzsJpL0Fss
   http://www.bulletphysics.com/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3133
   Erwin suggests to integrate with Bullet physics
- Janne will explore massice sim via particles. (incl things like 5000
worms flood a character).
- Someone pointed at Farsthary GI hair:
   http://farsthary.wordpress.com/2009/04/28/path-tracing-hairs/#comments
- Ton will discuss with GEGL coder (Pippin) if there's opportunities
for compositor.

Also having access to Nils' new smoke-fluid-sim would rock! Combined
with volumetrix of course.

-Ton-