[Bf-committers] easy 2.49 python todo's

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Tue May 5 08:23:16 CEST 2009

if anyone has some time for janitor tasks work here are some todo's
I've been saving for a rainy day.

***Fill in missing BGE Docs***
These files have all the missing functions listed but no
descriptions/args/return values
source/gameengine/PyDoc/BL_Shader.py
source/gameengine/PyDoc/KX_PhysicsObjectWrapper.py
source/gameengine/PyDoc/KX_VehicleWrapper.py
- Look in the corresponding cpp files for basic args accepted by each function.

***Update BGE Examples for new python syntax***
Just run them and see what warnings are raised, it says what
attributes to use and what line of the py script to lookup.

***Replace python errors with useful messages***
Without python installed, go through all the menu's and run each script.
I started this but quite a few scripts give errors so I didn't end up doing it.

example of how to fix...

import struct # somewere at the start
.... script body ...
Window.FileSelector(...)

becomes...

try: import struct
except: struct = None
.... script body ...
if struct: Window.FileSelector(...)
else: Blender.Draw.PupMenu("Error%t|This script requires a full python
installation")

- Campbell