[Bf-committers] Meeting minutes june 21, 2009

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jun 21 18:18:48 CEST 2009

*** 2.49a

- Last minute fix: win32 version now reads DV-AVI correctly, updated
binaries
- We need more OSX building support: Mike Belanger offered help to join
the release team. Also Jean Michel helped with intel py 2.3 version. An
OSX PPC maintainer would help too.
- Sequence plugin format changed, public plugin download offers have to
update!

*** GSoC

- Proposal: add a demo directory in svn, next to "blender" and "lib" in
root, here we can put our standard regression files (and branches can
branch it and add theirs)
- Andre provided test overview:
http://andresp.no-ip.org/soc2009/btest/html/render.html

*** GSoC

- "Spring" clean round:
http://www.reynish.com/files/blender25/springcleaning.html
   (Ton managed to prevent IFF code to be deleted, but it won't be in UI
;)

- Work will continue on templates (list view, constraints, bones,
vgroup, shapes)

- In general, UI scripters can happily continue, most of old options
can be back

*** current projects

- Proposal: let's keep 2.49a trunk for bugfixes only, and keep stable.
   All new development should move to 2.5 asap... later we then can just
swap.

- Martin gives a talk on Siggraph about Etch-a-ton, if you have good
screen captures let him know!

-Ton-