[Bf-committers] Meeting minutes, July 12, 2009

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 12 19:21:09 CEST 2009

--- On Sun, 7/12/09, Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:

> Meeting agrees on pursuing this! Means we will support
> Python 3.1 as
> default in the Blender 2.5 branch soon, but keep it work
> (#ifdeffed)
> for Python 2.6 as well.

Keeping 2.6 working is only for the transition period.
The plan is to support only Python 3.X eventually.

In any case, Py 3K is not backward compatible, so as soon as we have enough script, it will be more and more burdensome to keep them compatible with both versions (not even talking about the C/Python level).

Martin