[Bf-committers] 2.49 proposal (continued)

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Wed Feb 25 12:10:21 CET 2009

Hi,

During last irc meeting this proposal came up as a way to move forward:

-> Verify which of the active developers have time to work on the
release.
    Also check the platform maintainers who build releases.

This while keeping in mind to not slow down the 2.5 project too much. :)
It appears that especially progress in the GE inspired people to make
an update release before the 2.5 craze will strike.

For the release, I don't mind to help 1-2 days collecting the release
logs and make a nice presentation and the download page on blender.org
again. But some help coordinating things is welcome. Together with
Brecht I can also go over the tracker and define some of the crucial
fixes that will benefit both trunk and the 2.5 branch.

If there's sufficient active dev support for a release, the release
targets have to be validated and defined too. When are the GE projects
scheduled to be ready? Is this proposal feasible:

March 8:  release targets frozen (bcon3)
March 22: Trunk freeze, apart from bugfixes and essential
           release target updates. (bcon4)
April 5-10: release.

Thanks,

-Ton-