[Bf-committers] Proposal to rename "Texture Face" shading mode

Mike Pan mike.c.pan at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 20:53:38 CET 2009

Hi all,

The term "texture face" (as parallel to multitexture mode and GLSL mode) has
always strike me as odd, maybe it's a legacy from the old days when texture
on a face is considered a novelty.  But I think the term does not convey the
idea (and the limitations) of this rendering mode too well.

I propose changing it to something more descriptive, like "Singletexture",
this term would parallel 'multitexture' and 'glsl' very well, and clearly
shows the features of the shading mode.  In fact the tooltip description
already says 'singletexture'.

-mike
http://mikepan.com/