[Bf-committers] Bf-committers Digest, Vol 61, Issue 3

Brendon Murphy meta.androcto1 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 17:04:48 CEST 2009

re: Blender Extensions Project
== message pt 1 ==

http://projects.blender.org/projects/bf-extensions/
Update: Currently seeking & encouraging new & old developers to make more
use of this section.
>From this section, files are being released & synced here:
https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-extensions/
Mindrones & I are setting up the infrastructure here to hopefully provide
developers with a solid platform for script & plugin development & release.
We would ask that Dev's could please make use of these sections for scripts
& plugins.
As there's a clean start for 2.50 we would like to see dev's consolidate
their efforts in the one place.
This should work well & we are open to suggestions for improvement.

Current workflow,
http://projects.blender.org/projects/bf-extensions/
Upload section for development scripts/plugins.
Contrib section for Stable Tested scripts/plugins.
We would ask that people please use this section for any continued 2.4x
developement.
We will be revising this section for Blender 2.50 very shortly.

Current workflow,
https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-extensions/

Contrib section for stable scripts & plugins.
This will be released as either a Branch shortly.
I would say that the 2.4x scripts & plugins sections are being mercilessly
added to & I have culled my script collection considerably.
I see no real reasons not to merge Contrib with Trunk for the final 2.49b.
This is a very popular idea & we are working some what towards that end with
multiplatform plugins source going in shortly.
If you need to know just how popular scripts are in the 2.4x,
look here: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Special:PopularPages
scripts are number 11 + 14 respectivly.
For Blender 2.50 we have set up infrastructure already in contrib,
dev's are welcome & encouraged to start working on/with or contributing to
this section  now.
so again, with the clean start, lets try to keep it all together.

Trunk section will be synced/is synced with Trunk.
For 2.4x we have/will sync with Release Trunk,
please for any Release bug fixes here.
For 2.5x again we have provided infrastructure, whilst not set in concrete,
this again gives clean slate for dev's.
We shall endeavor to provide developers with anything they need.

== message pt 2 ==
re: BPO Extensions Welcome & Invitation.

Welcome to Amorilia from http://niftools.sourceforge.net/wiki/Blender
Amorilia will be mirroring developement of NIF tools in Blender extensions.
NIF tools has been developing Blender scripts & game orientated
import/export tools since 2006.
Welcome also to Sjoerd from https://launchpad.net/spyder-framework.
Simialrly, Sjoerd has been developing tools for Blender for several years.
The Spyder framework is a Python Lib written expressly for Blender.
The framework is already ported to Python 2.5, 2.6 & 3.1.
Planned work:
Interface for Blender 2.5
Easier installation/full platform independence.
Porting of all 2.4x Object creation Scripts to Blender 2.5.
Addition of *Game Engine Primitives, that is prebuilt game engine objects,
with physics already applied.
Other works & librarys as they are needed, asked for or developed.

Invitations:
I am especially interested in Tracking external render scripts, both for
2.4x & 2.5.
I would ask devs from Luxrender & Yafaray for their participation.
So we can mirror/update/release the latest scripts.

That's it from me for now.
Best wishes & productive dev to everyone.

The old spattering of tools across the web cannot be supported well.
"Let's Get It Together"

Thanks.
Brendon Murphy (meta-androcto)
Blender Wiki Team