[Bf-committers] 2.49: prevent reading 2.5+ ?

joe joeedh at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 10:47:38 CEST 2009

Well, I was thinking of storing the mesh tesselation in mfaces, to
maintain compatibility with existing code and maybe scripts.  I
suppose people could still open the meshes in an older version of
blender, they'd just get a triangle mesh.  But you still have the UI
issue, and animation data, and stuff like that.  There's a purpose to
storing the tesselation in mfaces beyond compatibility; there isn't
with storing similar copies with everything else that's changed.

Joe