[Bf-committers] Meeting notes: 2.48 plans

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Tue Sep 23 20:06:07 CEST 2008

Hi,

Since we need a good build for Apricot dvd anyway, the sunday meeting
participants agreed on just be brave and name it a release. :) I went
over the full tracker and provided we fix some of the main issues (ray
errors for example), the svn trunk status is quite good.

The ultimate last deadline for dvd is oct 10, but we'll schedule for
weekend of 3-4 oct to be safe.

For all regular devs it means to communicate now if there's known
showstoppers! Otherwise we move to feature freeze now (bcon3) and svn
freeze (bcon4) around oct 1st. A couple of new features still need to
be finished (Daniel Genrich's work on fluids, bullet update). But
that's being tackled. There's also some (smaller) patches under review
that might make it. Larger patches will have to wait (like texture
nodes).
I'll help making release notes, so everyone please tell me cool
additions in wiki that have to be copied in our blender.org notes.

BTW: I've also reviewed today with Brecht work on 2.5, this will
startup now and speedup beginning of october too. News on that will
follow.

Thanks!

-Ton-