[Bf-committers] 2.48a update

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Oct 19 20:25:09 CEST 2008

Hi all,

Sunday's meeting review went well, seems like we can do an update mid
this week.
Some of the todo's noted:

- webbrowser.py error on windows (open_new not open)
   Martin P handles it, and contacts platform maintainers

- Quickstart pdf out of date (points to mediawiki.blender.org)
   Ton or Tom handle this

- Windows 64bits ZIP missing stuff compared to 32bits
   Couldn't discuss fully, Daniel Genrich wasn't in meeting

- Several bugreports were handled, mostly related to GE and glsl.

- Suggestion: make ctrl+U saving show entire path of home file, gives
especially windows users a clue where the install was.

- Apparently Ubuntu has included a not-compatible python lib...
investigating this.

- Ken Hughes note: game players should be static, with Python included.

If all goes fine, we can tag 2.48a tueday end day, and release wed/thu
when all builds are in.

Thanks,

-Ton-