[Bf-committers] About 2.46 RC

Jarosław Kolmaga ignoreer at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 23:33:27 CET 2008

Hey there guys!

Once I've found some time, I've opened the mail, and omg! you have no life!
Well, that's better than me, who haves no life nor time ;)

And seriously, thanks for all of you for answers! I've found myself little
confused in that flood of e-mails... For the slow UV mode - it is slow on
all computers I've used, with only UV window opened and with about 10k faces
selected, with no image... Once I zoom it on, things goes smoother for
viewing, but still painfully slow for modifications. For the patch - I'm
really sorry, but I have no chance to test it properly :( I really lack free
time, and in fact, was by mistake forced to be the one, who will take the
conversation in public name, and to make things better - well, I don't even
have my own computer, working all days on borrowed ones, any with stable
system with possibility of testing... Really sorry :(

What I want to know, is what Polish community wants to know. As far as I can
tell from your letters, UV+Edit mode is still far from done, and that state
makes everything different. Most of us is in fear, that what is done now
haves release-ready status or is in late stadium of construction. BUT if
this is an early stage, I'm sure that finished product will be widely tested
and much more reliable and functional, than UV+Edit Mode now. My personal
favourite is sub-mode, as I've described earlier, but this is just one mere
of the options. For a lost though, just let me know, what you think about
it, and how much you plan to work on this to upgrade it further, so I'll be
able to bring the news to the community.

Just that one case, the community protest, is enough to see how hard it must
be for you to join both modes. I hope you'll be able to redone separated UV
mode functionality!

Keep up the good work there!

JK.

PS. I have a lot of ideas about some small yet tasty improvements, but I've
never been a part of global community really, and don't know where I can
bring them for the best profit of us all - and who will know if not you,
guys? ;) I really hope to join you in future, but for now, badly out of time
and luck, I have no time to jump into the Blender code...