[Bf-committers] Blender 2.5 api proposal.

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Mon Dec 1 07:16:05 CET 2008

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 4:05 PM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here's is my proposal for the Blender 2.5 api.
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/Blender2.5/PythonAPI_Ideasman
>
> I'm interested to know what people think of possibly moving to a new
> api (especially active Blender/Python scripters).

As I mentioned in IRC, this gets a big +1 from me (as someone who does
use bpy pretty frequently in daily production work, and maintains a
few scripts here).

I don't really have an opinion on Python 3.0 or not, but I definitely
think it's time to get rid of the old, patchy, dysfunctional old API
and get behind a new auto-generated RNA/operator API. It'll solve a
lot of problems that occur in day to day scripting, and open up
several new avenues that we've all been waiting for 2.5 for.

cheers

Matt