[Bf-committers] Qdune code

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Fri Nov 9 10:40:35 CET 2007

On Thu, 8 Nov 2007, Joe Eagar wrote:

> Hay! That's not true.  I for one have spent maybe horrible hours trying
> to get DSM ready since the end of SoC. And I'll be spending many
> horrible hours more.

That's of course very laudable, and I fear we would get off-topic with this
discussion :)

On the whole, I think the project deadline criteria in GSoC  were not defined
well enough. There should have been a "No fully working inclusion in trunk,
no money" policy. Because as it is, dozens of thousands of dollars have been
spent this and last year on coding hours (no matter by whom) which were lost
in nirvana. And that's not always the pupils' fault.

Alexander Ewering

[ i n s t i n c t i v e . ]   http://www.instinctive.de

Zur Waldeshoehe 6                    Tel.: 02393-220558
59846 Sundern                         Fax: 02393-220559
Germany                xx-mail: xx-mail.com/instinctive