[Bf-committers] Qdune code

Joe Eagar joeedh at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 06:46:08 CET 2007

Joe Eagar wrote:
> Eh forgot the last paragraph I was planning to write.  Basically all
> this is only relevant if theres a decision to choose an external project
> to integrate instead of qdune.  I'm sure such a decision would have its
> own headaches and potential problems, which is why I'm not personally
> advocating it (that and since esshlo has kindly written us a micropoly
> renderer, it seems rude to reject it for something else).
>
> Joe

Eh, no offense to the aqsis guys.  I really like their project.  My
arguments are based on the scenario of Peach integrating
yet another renderer into Blender.  In that case it would make sense to
use Pixie, because theres limited manpower and
because pixie does appear more "complete" then Aqsis.  However, given
the prior history of Aqsis-blender relations, I
think aqsis would make more sense as part of a longer-term plan.

Joe