[Bf-committers] Subversion to come!

Carsten Wartmann cw at blenderbuch.de
Thu Mar 22 16:29:33 CET 2007

Chris Burt wrote:

Hello Chris,

maybe my english is not very good or you got my mail wrong?!

Your mail really made me feel bad.

> I laud your book-writing however it is my opinion that this comment is
> unnecessary.

It was  a reaction onto the mail from Ton, which looked for me as if it
was a call for comments and reactions.

So I did.

"My personal commercial undertaking" and maybe other writers needs
stable and reliable structure, so I personally "voted" for a quick
change, I have no doubt that Marco did a good job and all will work fine.

> In my experience the volunteers and paid individuals involved with the
> Blender Foundation consistently make an effort to provide
> uninterrupted and reliable access to Blender's source code and,
> moreover, have been quite dedicated to ensuring that the source code
> provided will compile on any supported platform.

Thats fine, I agree.

> I do not feel as though the speed at which this transition takes place
> is, or should be, in any way related to or influenced by the progress
> of your personal commercial undertaking.

Hmm. I really can`t understand why you are so negative about a work
which will in the end also help Blender to be (even more) successfull? I
was and I am still a part of the Blender Community, so I feel very bad
if someone seems to say that I am just an "outsider" who wants to make
quick money with blender. I am sorry if I now missunderstand you. It is
really hard to express my feelings at the moment.

All the best,
Carsten