[Bf-committers] 6DOF devices branch -state of affairs

Ettore Pasquini ettore_pasquini at 3dconnexion.com
Thu Jun 21 02:37:23 CEST 2007

On 6/13/07 7:23 AM, "í Hnídek <jiri.hnidek at tul.cz>" <Jir> wrote:

> intern/ghost/intern/3dcnx/3Dcnxplug-mac.c: In function 'MyMessageHandler':
> intern/ghost/intern/3dcnx/3Dcnxplug-mac.c:86: error: 'struct
> <anonymous>' has no member named 'address'
> intern/ghost/intern/3dcnx/3Dcnxplug-mac.c:103: error: 'struct
> <anonymous>' has no member named 'address'
>
> I fixed build errors with uncommenting lines 86 and 103. May be, I have
> old SDK.

I *think* the address field was added in the 1.1 release of the driver.

> There were some problem with tools/btools.py too. Newer version from
> trunk fixed build problem too (module subprocess).

I experienced the same problem. I believe I had something wrong in my scons
installation. I removed it and reinstalled it, I did a scons clean, the
error disappeared.

>> * Only view and cameras, or also objects transforms ?
>> * if the latter, how we link with manipulators (same functionality) ?
>> * which centering modes make sense ?
>> * Dominant modes, translation, rotations only ?
>> * Can we find meaningful uses for the 2D views ?
>> * settings go in preferences or in a button pane (i would prefer the
>> latter) ?
>
> There should be preferences ... I would expect rotation and movement of
> view in different direction. Buttons should have some functionality
> (move view to some base view, view all, etc.)

I inverted the sign of ty and rz in lukep implementation as they seemed
inconsistent with the rest. The Zoom direction in the 3Dconnexion pref pane
should be set horizontal to the "desk plane", i.e. the rightmost setting in
the Device (1st) tab.

I also noticed that rotations along Z make the grid zoom back and forth...
in a kind of trippy effect.  Is that correct?

Ettore