[Bf-committers] Re: Q key

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Wed Jan 17 19:38:05 CET 2007

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007, Martin Poirier wrote:

> I think Stivs' point is that different category of
> users demand different UI to work efficiently.

OK. Well, this is my last mail concerning this thread, because I think it is
too minor to deserve this mailing list really.

1) If developers have an issue with CTRL-Q not being quick enough for their
    compile-test-edit-compile cycle, they can change it to Q in their local
    tree.

2) If users quit Blender so frequently that one additional modifier for
    quitting becomes an issue, maybe they need to switch applications to one
    that sucks less for them and thus makes them quit less often ;)

Sorry heh, this is just humorous. We're in the age of multitasking OSes, and
I see not a single reason for constantly quitting Blender and thus having
1-keystroke access to that function. Additionally, it's totally non-standard
and, as has been pointed out before, dangerous.

As I said, I'm THE "new-stuff-is-evil world champion" in person, but this
time, even *I* agree that changing this is a good thing.

If people are so concerned about changing key combinations, developers
should instead stop shuffling WKEY menu numbers around. ;-)