[Bf-committers] NDOF

Jean-Luc Peurière jlp at nerim.net
Thu Aug 16 14:38:37 CEST 2007

Le 16 août 07 à 13:24, Carsten Wartmann a écrit :

> I can use the SpaceNavigator but same as in precompiled versions, some
> axes seem to be swapped. When I tweak the device in the configuration
> app so that I can transform some axes in fly mode or turntable are
> weird
> or swapped. Maybe this is because of the different terminology in
> Blender and the SpaceNavigator driver?

yes there is some problems. i will commit Ettore fix as well as some
changes
i made. this should help.

> I don't understand the fly-mode at all? Roll/Nick seems to do the
> wrong
> things (i.e. very small amounts of transform e.g.)

fly mode need to be tweaked a lot, but is quite good in long term, imho

> I also miss a view dependant mode, i.e. if I push the SN forward the
> object wil be tossed away, no matter what axis points "into" the
> screen.

Hmmm. I suppose you mean in transform mode ?
in this mode, the axis setting of the window is used, so you have a
view dependant
mode available.

Jean-Luc Peurière
jlp at nerim.net