[Bf-committers] NDOF plugin for windows enabling buttons

Ettore Pasquini ettore_pasquini at 3dconnexion.com
Thu Aug 2 01:09:25 CEST 2007

Hello all,

As promised, I completed the work for enabling the NDOF buttons on Windows.
This should meet my objectives for siggraph.

To enable the buttons this patch is necessary for Windows:
http://cubelogic.org/blender/ndof_buttons_win.patch

The new plugin is available here (look at the latest date of course)
http://cubelogic.org/blender/builds/

As of now, in that directory you will find builds for all major platforms
(mac, windows, linux) in zip files that include the source code, a build, a
license copy, and a readme file. I intend these zips to be the final
deliverables for all interested users. Feedback is really very welcome at
this point (and I mean NOW) on all levels and on all platforms, in
particular:
- *please* test the included plugin builds;
- let me know if the readme files are clear enough or not (they include
installation instructions for the plugins)
- anything *legal* related that I missed or got wrong (very important)

Any other suggestions are always welcome :-)

These zip files will soon be available somewhere on 3Dconnexion website, as
agreed - I'll send a note when this happens. I really wanted to give this
stuff more testing before committing it to my company. We will be showing
blender in our booth at Siggraph VERY soon so it would be really great to
have a more proven and tested product. BTW just to be clear, my internal
deadline for giving the plugins to the booth people is this Friday.

Thanks to everyone!

Ettore