[Bf-committers] Help request build systems for Bullet 2.x upgrade

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Sat Nov 25 03:22:49 CET 2006

Erwin Coumans wrote:
> That's true indeed. This is one of the reasons why Subversion is getting
> more popular.
> Wonder when Blender is going to make the switch from CVS to SVN?

Regarding subversion, this has been planned for awhile. The old
version of gforge we are running does not support subversion, so
this is the main reason why we haven't migrated yet. Finding
somebody with the time and the energy to upgrade gforge hasn't
happened (I refuse to do this work myself, since I'm not
sure I would be able to recover if the upgrade went sour).

Another alternative that I was hoping to investigate when
I have some free time is the google project hosting, which
is based on subversion:

http://code.google.com/hosting/

I'm not sure that is a route we want to take though.

Chris