[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/src header_info.c usiblender.c

Emil Brink emil at obsession.se
Tue May 30 14:32:56 CEST 2006

Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> BTW; there's a BLI_dynstr module too, but hardly used and confusing
> design.
> Can be much more simple.

I took a quick look in my (possibly outdated) CVS BF-Blender tree, and
it had only five public functions (create, destroy, append, get, and
get_length). Looked very straight-forward, although with such a thin API
it's perhaps not very useful (which, of course, might be why it's not
being used :).

I wrote a very similiar (from the API) module for Purple, which might
be interesting as inspiration or whatever. It's here, for the curious:
<http://projects.blender.org/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/purple/dynstr.h?rev=1.7&cvsroot=verse&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup>.

Not sure if the comment about UTF-8 is still valid, btw. I'm not even
sure if something like that was what was meant by a "generic string
manipulation library", heh.

Regards,

/Emil