[Bf-committers] Google Summer of Code results

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Wed May 24 16:25:58 CEST 2006

The successful applicants of this year's Google Summer of Code
student grants have been finalized!

This year, Blender received a total of 3 grants, and the successful
proposals were:

"Interactive sculpting with multi-resolution models"
       by Nicholas Bishop (mentored by Jean-Luc Peurière)
"Modifier Stack Upgrade"
       by Benjamin John Batt (mentored by Daniel Dunbar)
"Sky Generator"
       by Dmitriy Mazovka (mentored by Kent Mein)

To the guys that applied but weren't successful: I wish you the
best, and I wish there could have been summer grants for all of
you, as the quality of the proposals was amazingly high! (We
recieved a mere 26 proposals, and only rejected 6 of them.)
I'm proud of everybody that submitted a proposal.

To the successful candidates: in the next few days I will be
setting up a CVS repository and some mailinglists, and we can
get things started.

All the best,
Chris