[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/include butspace.h blender/source/blender/src buttons_object.c blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x Constraint.c Constraint.h Blender.c Object.c Pose.c blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x/doc Constraint.py API_intro.py ...

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Tue May 9 11:18:50 CEST 2006

Hi,

> So, there's something i don't understand in the Ipo Drivers Design:
> why "Driven Shape Keys" are linked to mesh data, and not to Object ?
> This make the re-use of driven shapes very hard if you work with many
> scenes.

Hehe, this sort-of contradicts with my previous statement about
object-level. :)

But the reason is simple... there's not soo much 'driven keys', but it
is "Ipo Drivers". The drivers are in the Ipo itself, which again links
to the Keys system. The Keys link to the Mesh data itself...

Probably its time to make a nice architecture diagram of blender's
entire animation system. There's a couple of weird aspects there still,
and unresolved issues with the time system.

-Ton-