[Bf-committers] Scale from Matrix

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Sat May 6 23:46:02 CEST 2006

Hi Ramon,

We've tried something that I think is along the lines
of what you are suggesting:

float mat1[4][4], mat2[4][4], mat3[4][4];

EulToMat4( ob->rot, mat1);
Mat4Invert(mat2, mat1);
Mat4MulMat4(mat3, ob->obmat, mat2);

sizeX = mat3[0][0];
sizeY = mat3[1][1];
sizeZ = mat3[2][2];

The problem is that it fails when there is
parenting involved. Actually, the calculation
of size when there is parenting is really weird
since it always depends in part on the size of
the parent at the time the parenting relationship
was defined.

Chris