[Bf-committers] Transmissivity

Ed Halley ed at halley.cc
Fri Jun 16 20:37:05 CEST 2006

Please ensure that airpockets inside refractive objects have their
normals
pointed toward the air.  Since blender's renderer is "context free",
and the
IOR slider only goes to values greater-or-equal to 1.0, it is vitally
important that the less dense material is on the "outside" of any given
polygon.

I will be writing up some new docs on the wiki page about
transmissivity,
since there are now two new controls that can adjust the effect for an
artistic value.  In addition to that, I will explain how to properly
model
media junctions such as air or crystal submmerged (or partially
submerged)
in water.

If you still feel blender's not handling your model correctly, let me
know.

[ e d @ h a l l e y . c c ]