[Bf-committers] Patch submitted to patch tracker for 'inclusive selection mode conversions'

Geoffrey Bantle hairbat at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 19 04:29:26 CET 2006

Sorry for responding to my own post, but I just added
a small addition to the selection conversion patch to
make selection mode switching get pushed onto the undo
stack (modifications to undomesh made).

Related to that however, I also need some advice:
juggling multiple patchs is becoming difficult because
one patch I submit may affect the same sections of
code for another patch even though they provide
unrelated functionality (the line numbers of the patch
file become invalid in these situations...). Does
anyone else have their own method of dealing with this
other than stripping their source of all patches they
have worked on *then* running 'cvs diff -u >
patch.txt' and finally reapplying all their patches to
get the source back to their own personal 'working
state'?.? I realize I could use multiple trees for
this purpose... but I would prefer a more automated
solution since the more code I write, the less simple
this becomes to maintain by hand.

Any wisdom would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Geoffrey Bantle.