[Bf-committers] Getting the key down information

Ed Halley ed at halley.cc
Tue Jan 10 02:29:55 CET 2006

Ben wrote:
> As far as I can tell, blender is built around having only one key/mouse
> movement occur at the same time, except for the modifier keys
> (shift/ctrl etc)... is there any way to get all the keys pressed at any
> given time?

There is no truly portable way.  Plus, you shouldn't assume that all
platforms would even have that capability.  Plus, you shouldn't assume
that all users can press and hold multiple keys.  Disabled people have
software that can help them hold Shift+R but not N+Q+R.

Try to use keystroke controls like most windowed applications, not
key-hold controls like Quake or Doom.  Just my advice.

--
[ e d @ h a l l e y . c c ]