[Bf-committers] improving developer documentation

Ben Batt benbatt at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 17:57:03 CET 2006

Hi Tom,

I'd just like to back up David's points:

Some kind of up-to-date guide to the source tree structure would be
nice. It's a bit hard when you're starting out to find the files you
need to change.

Function specifications would also be very helpful. Just some comments
in the header files saying what the function does would go a long way.
It's hard to have to read the entire source code of a function in
order to use it.

Another thing that would be nice is an indication of which
files/functions are deprecated. I've come across a couple of things
that seem to be duplicated, and I'm not sure which one to use.

Previous development experience: I'm a final year computer science
student. I haven't worked on any open source projects before.

Let me know if I can help!

Thanks,
Ben (Artificer)