[Bf-committers] Re: Problems compiling CVS

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Tue Feb 7 12:48:22 CET 2006

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, Peter Schlaile wrote:

> Hi Alexander,
>
>> anim.c: In function tartffmpeg':
>> anim.c:559: error: `FF_ER_CAREFUL' undeclared (first use in this function)
>> anim.c:559: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>> anim.c:559: error: for each function it appears in.)
>> make[4]: ***
>> [/home/intrr/bf-cvs/blender/obj/linux-glibc2.3.2-i386/blender/imbuf/anim.o]
>> Error 1
>>
>> Do I have an outdated ffmpeg version?
>
> Maybe. Could you please check your ffmpeg-version using
>
> grep FFMPEG_VERSION_INT /usr/include/ffmpeg/avcodec.h
>
> and mail it to me? I'm still trying to make the code work with most
> versions of ffmpeg. If you want to get ffmpeg working right away, try
> latest CVS of ffmpeg.

intrr at time:~$ grep FFMPEG_VERSION_INT /usr/local/include/ffmpeg/avcodec.h
#define FFMPEG_VERSION_INT     0x000409

>> Isn't ffmpeg supposed to be included
>> with the source tree (which it definitely should be)? Or has this not been
>> decided yet?
>
> I tried, but then noticed, that I'd have to include a version for every
> single glibc-version on Linux thereby bloating the libs by around 5MB per
> glibc-version. If this is the way to go, I can contribute libc-2.3.2-i386

I'm not the one to decide this - but I have seen various API incompatibility
problems in the past with other libraries that Blender uses - most prominent
example (as everyone will agree) - OpenAL ;-)

So, for *me*, it is totally obvious that one specific version of ffmpeg
should be included with blender. Blender has been known to be a single,
monolithic application that works out of the box for everyone - independant
of the libs (and worse, lib versions) installed on the system.

But, as I said - that's for Ton to decide.