[Bf-committers] Quality of translations - is this project worthwhile continueing?

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Mon Dec 4 16:25:12 CET 2006

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Stephan wrote:

> ... I was really rolling on ground laughing after reading
> your report. I am German and never used the german translation
> because I have accepted that the natural language of CG and 3d is
> english... ( or dutch if you read the source code of blender ;-) )

...which is exactly my opinion as well. Anyone who wants to take the task of
learning a highly complex and technical 3D application will *also* accept
having to learn a *bit* of another language and a few words specific to that
field (and quite honestly, anyone who wants to put a 3D application to
serious use will probably already know English - as most technical people do
anyway).

But - I didn't want to question the whole translation effort in general - so
I kept quiet about that. I'm glad that you did instead ;)