[Bf-committers] Re: Blender 2.42 + fixes >> deb file >> Ubuntu Dapper >> full ffmpeg support

Rui Campos rcampos at fusemail.com
Thu Aug 3 13:00:06 CEST 2006

> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 12:19:59 +0200
> From: Antonio Ospite <ospite at studenti.unina.it>
> Subject: Re: [Bf-committers] Blender 2.42 + fixes >> deb file >>
> 	Ubuntu 	Dapper >> full ffmpeg support
>
> On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 04:22:14 -0500 (CDT)
>
> Official Debian debs are maintained here:
> http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-blender/
>
> you can checkout the CVS to see the current status (2.42 + ffmpeg and
> + blenderplayer, from what I know), we use:
> 	scons WITH_BF_PLAYER=1 WITH_BF_OPENAL=0
> to do the build.
>
> If you want to collaborate, please start from the official debian
> package :) so it will be easy to integrate your evantual Ubuntu changes
> into one official packaging.
>
> Regards,
>    Antonio.

This is great, but there are a couple of differences to the build I made.

My build has OPENAL, it has support for MP3, AAC, H264 and XVid, meaning I
had to rebuild FFMPEG from CVS and also do the FFMPEG deb packages and
this also means that there are some more dependencies to it, like x264,
xvidcore, lame, faac, faad and so forth.

I don't know how this is handled, but it is not just building the Blender
deb Package itself, FFMPEG that has been around isn't compiled with
several of the formats that Blender now has support for.

I made these debs specifically for Ubuntu because it is what I use and I
don't have a Debian system to test them on.
I looked at your CVS and it all looks strange to me, I use my own custom
scripts to generate everything so I really don't know where to start with
what you pointed out to me.

One more thingy, you should also update to 2.42a, since you are only at
2.42 from what I saw.

-- Rui --

> ------------------------------
> Message: 3
> Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 12:32:56 +0200
> From: Carsten Wartmann <carsten.wartmann at imago-viva.de>
> Subject: Re: [Bf-committers] Blender 2.42 + fixes >> deb file >>
> 	Ubuntu Dapper	>> full ffmpeg support
>
> My scons (debian) does?
>
> Carsten

Sorry Carsten, I didn't understand, does it work or not ?

I will try again tonight, maybe I missed something....

-- Rui --