[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/release/scripts image_find_paths.py

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Tue Apr 11 14:16:12 CEST 2006

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006, Campbell Barton wrote:

> campbellbarton (Campbell Barton) 2006/04/11 01:14:17 CEST
>
>  Added files:
>    blender/release/scripts image_find_paths.py
>
>  Log:
>  A utility script that refinds all image paths for images that have a path whos file dosent exist.
>  Running this script is usefull for moving projects to new computers and fixing broken image paths.
>  It works by taking a searchdir and finding all the images in that dir, then using the largest images (if doubles are found) to avoid using thumbnails.

This sounds very useful. I assume it searches recursively in all subdirs,
right?
I always missed such a feature - it sucks not being able to move any file
any of your projects might use, or rename any directory in your entire tree,
just because of your blend files...

Though I would assume that if you already do it for images, you should also
do it for any external datatype, if you agree :) Fonts, other blend files,
etc...