[Bf-committers] libSDL problem on OS X 10.4.2

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Tue Sep 27 13:31:15 CEST 2005

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, Stefan Gartner wrote:

> Hi,
> this is related to OpenAL, not SDL. Try building with USE_OPENAL set to false
> in user-def.mk (or set to true, if it's disabled already).

Linking errors due to OpenAL are very common yes, not only on OSX, btw.

I have always had them on Debian as well, as Debian's OpenAL links to
a million other audio-related libraries, so I always had to manually
hack nan_link.mk ...

I seem to remember having replaced OpenAL with my own SDL-based 3D
sound system for the game engine... ;-) hmhm... now it's probably too
late for a simple commit.