[Bf-committers] TIFF support - submitted patch #2995

Jonathan Merritt j.merritt at pgrad.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Sep 12 08:00:12 CEST 2005

Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> Excellent! :)
> I presume you've made this code wrapped in #ifdef for Linux only? Or
> do  we now need to check on how the imbuf pipeline redirects to
> libtiff or  to quicktime (on windows or osx)?

Well, without access to Windows, I can't check, but what *should* happen
(if my current code works as expected on Windows) is that the attempt to
dynamically load libtiff will simply fail, leaving QuickTime as the only
option anyway.  The Windows platform part of the dynamic loading is just
blank at the moment (ie: it fails by default, due to not making any
attempt).

If someone adds Windows support for libtiff then I think the choice
between QuickTime or libtiff for loading and saving will come down to
which is listed first.  There's a set of if(){}s for loading and a
switch(){} for saving.  That's not ideal, I guess.  Do you want me to
make all of the libtiff code *strictly* Linux-only for now and submit
that as another patch (it's about 10 minute's work).

Jonathan.