[Bf-committers] Meeting minutes, sept 11 2005

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Sep 11 18:20:22 CEST 2005

*** Orange

As you might have noticed (http://orange.blender.org) last wednesday
the last team members arrived in Amsterdam, and we're now preparing the
Open Movie project. :)

Toni Alatalo (antont) will be the technical contact for us in the team.
His job will be threefold;
- assisting the artists on all techicial issues (ranging from
renderfarm, CMS to writing cool tools/scripts)
- be the intermediate between the movie project and the developers
- assist Blender Foundation (well, me) on all general developer support
issues (minutes, website updates, wiki, release docs, projects website
support, cvs, patch checking, etc)

Toni also is an experienced python coder, and devoted to get the API in
good shape as well. He'll get cvs write access for it.

For the movie there's already a couple of hot development topics we
need help for. This will be all extensively discussed on the
orange.blender.org blog, but to mention some;
- Hair editing/rendering
- vector-based motion blur (as post effect)
- Better particle control (but here a candidate popped up already)

*** SoC migration

- Fluids
Jean-Luc started migrating Fluids project. Needs a little cleanup (bad
level calls for player), and he'll add progress bar support to monitor
the process more.

- Pytex
Patch will be prepared with help of Chris Want. Timothy will contact
bf-python list for it.

- Booleans
Feedback on quality of the lib is very good. We need a cvs-write
enabled coder to help migrating it. Requires more testing too, and
there's a couple of bugs... hopefully the developer of the library is
willing to become active maintainer for it?

*** Current projects

- Open issues
Unknown currently is status of OpenExr, python Armature recode, game
engine armature support

- Todo's
Ongoing now is Collada im/export, Tiff support

- Particle patch
There's a new kid in town! Janne Karhu (jahka) doing very promising
work on the particle system already;
http://users.utu.fi/jhkarh/prog/bs_part1.html

I will review his work, but can use any help possible by devs here to
do a code review of his work... thanks!

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org