[Bf-committers] Booleans, now or never

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Sat Oct 29 13:22:03 CEST 2005

> Although this isn't something you did, I think it is
> worthy of discussion: why do the booleans now gobble one
> of the objects? 2.37 and earlier would create a new
> object and leave the source objects intact -- I think
> I like that behavior better. The GSOC project this is
> based also left the objects intact.

Well,

OF COURSE the old one is the better behaviour. This is clearly a bug,
which has been introduced around the time when the Boolean modifier
was coded by zr.

Also, as I said various times on IRC and on the mailing list, this
is not introduced by the booleans project, but has been around for
weeks.

The selection state is equally messed up - the source objects
should still be selected, and the boolean result *not*.

I would be able to fix the latter issue, but about the disappearing
object, I have no idea.

Yes, this needs to be fixed.