[Bf-committers] Re: [Crystalblend-main] Crystal Space, CrystalBlend, GameEngine: Discussion and Plans

Mal mal at candomultimedia.com
Tue Oct 18 11:50:22 CEST 2005

Hi Jordi,

>   As a corollary of this mail, i want to announce that the game engine
> i've been working in will be moved as a standalone project in sf,
> together with the standalone PC and PSP players.

Yikes!  I'd like to hear a bit more abot the PSP player!

>   As i said in the conference, i understand this decission of using
> CrystalSpace for blender, which doesn mean't i share it.

I think that any 3D engine ( CS / Ogre / your PSP player / a mobile
phone engine / a games companies custom 3D engine ) be able to plug in
easily to the system ( and, if it's running on the same platform as
Blender, it should be able to be initialised and render into a viewport
within Blender, even if the logic isn't running ).

Supporting logic in a preview mode could be more difficult ( in fact,
creating a logic system that is flexible, and can be used by numerous
different engines, some of which will have their own existing system ),
could be tricky, but it's a nut that would be well worth cracking.
Mal