[Bf-committers] Internal renderer question (help)

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Thu Oct 6 10:21:09 CEST 2005

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005, Trevor McDonell wrote:

> Since this is all distributed memory stuff, I need to broadcast the scene
> data and such to all the nodes. So could anyone point me to which
> structs/variables/etc. I should be sending.

All relevant data for a render should be pointed to by the various
stuff in G.scene (it's not all contained in there, though, it's
mostly just pointers to other locations).

For example, objects are stored in a linked list starting with
G.scene->base.first (base->object would be each object).

These questions can be answered pretty easily though by looking
in convertBlenderScene.c ... init_render_object, for example,
and the place where it gets called, RE_rotateBlenderScene (rotate
really means "init" :))