[Bf-committers] Mirror + clip + smooth

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Wed Nov 23 05:37:19 CET 2005

Hi all,

I really like modelling with the mirror modifier,
especially with the merge/clip options enabled. One
thing that struck me as being a bit of a pain is that
the clip option is not respected during smoothing of a mesh.
I have written a patch (attached) that projects those
verts that were within the merge tolerance back to the
plane(s) of reflection after smoothing. If this is a
desirable behavior, I can commit the patch, but I would
prefer to get an official sanction from somebody who works
in that area of the code.

Regards,
Chris